This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and, as such, the course must be delivered as laid out in the following programme.
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- be able to monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Risk assessments relating to construction site issues:-
Control of subcontractors
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
- Interaction of delegates during the course.